As I’ve practiced yoga over the years, I’ve found that right about the same time I realize that there is a stuck spot in my body, is right about the time I start to bring it to balance or heal. It doesn’t matter whether the “stuckness” is physical, emotional or spiritual – when the awareness comes – then I can take the steps to bring it to balance and harmony.
For myself, I’ve discovered that some things don’t seem to want to shift too easily! Although the yoga poses and the meditation practice starts to bring things to balance – sometimes I feel like I’m ready to move a “stuckness” more efficiently.
The subconscious mind holds on to some interesting things even when consciously we feel ready to release. Just like in order to feel nurtured we might eat, or to feel macho a guy might smoke, or we might manifest pain in order to avoid a vulnerable situation. But at some point these defense mechanisms may be outdated. Through the cultivation of awareness of self – we may have the mature skills to nurture ourselves, or feel self-confident or address a vulnerable circumstance, but there can be a feeling inside that stops us from actually doing it.
Enter Hypnosis. With hypnosis, we can gently go into the specific programing of the unconscious, and update the hardware. Just like we update the operating system of our computer when the information is outdated, we can do the same thing in our mind.
Hypnosis, then is about bringing the conscious desire for change into the depths of the subconscious mind so that the underlying program supports us in creating a life that works well.
- Stress Management: find healthy thinking patterns to manage stress and feel better. Hypnosis can help with changing perspective, optimism and hopefulness, and finding ease in life.
- Relaxation: Deep relaxation is part of the hypnotic process and all by itself has the ability to shift a person to more ease and grace.
- Attaining Goals: eliminate blocks and barriers, overcome fear, and get the proper motivation to move towards goals and dreams
- Eliminating Fear & Phobia: Reduce fears and phobias to manageable level.
- Weight Reduction: Get rid of habitual eating behaviors or addictions that lead to weight gain. Eliminate comfort eating or emotional responses that involve food.
- Smoking Cessation
- Improve Sleep
- Performance Enhancement: Improve physical performance. Improve mental performance such as test-taking, memorization, focus, concentration, determination. Improve ability to start or finish tasks.
- Pain Relief: Turn down or reduce chronic pain to manageable and functional levels so that the body can communicate but doesn’t debilitate.
- Ease Grief: Help natural giving process to flow with grace and ease. Let go of past grief that gets in the way of fully living in the present
- Spiritual Direction: Access your own internal guidance to create a life of your true authenticity and passion. Move your life in the direction of your deepest desires and dreams!
- Self Esteem and Confidence
- Improved Health: Boost immune system, help healing process, and keep pain at manageable level
- Relationship Support: attract satisfying relationships and overcome blocks to intimacy.
- Preparation for dentistry or medical procedures: Feel relaxed and confident going into procedures, reduce pain and heal more quickly
- Stop teeth grinding (bruxism)
- And more…
Many of the items on this list are commonly associated with Hypnosis. Others, perhaps not. In addition to the common uses of hypnosis, deep relaxation and feelings of peacefulness can occur. Clients frequently access a place of deep inner wisdom and grace and can shift perspective to a happier and more joyful or peaceful place in themselves. For more information, to make progress in any of these area of your life, set up your appointment:
Hypnosis appointments can also be booked online at www.livewellstudio.com